Probably, you will be surprised, but the same kind of actions, such as: watching your favorite TV shows (serials), working in a profession well known to you, using your native language and interacting with friends with whom you are on the same wave, visiting a favorite restaurant, reading favorite printed publications – all this, so familiar and adored by us, leads to brain degradation.
Try to remember your own way to work, or to any other familiar place. In case you use the same path for more than six months, your actions will resemble an automated process. You can simultaneously carry out other actions – read, listen to songs and even on the way to respond to messages. In a restaurant where you constantly go, you do not need to think long over what to choose for dinner, because you know the whole assortment of dishes of this institution. Seeing the tight smile of your friend, you instantly recognize the alarm, and you will not need to make efforts to understand these communicative signals.
The question may arise: why all this change? But our life activity is a constant resource for changes that can not be controlled. Your specialty can be terminated (recently it happened with many specialties); To stay in its place, you will need to learn new abilities (in case you can not do it – you will be fired again); You will love a foreigner and want to learn her language, spoken by her relatives, etc. For this reason, the flexibility of the brain must be regularly maintained and exercised. Imagine that your brain is like concrete, which will solidify, after a while.
Your goal is to regularly change the “thinking process” and not let it stagnate.
What actions need to be taken to stop the brain from degrading?
Here are the most effective techniques:
1) Control yourself. In case you suddenly felt uncomfortable that something is not going right (the site you often visit, changed the interface, or the favorite shop closes at the mall), get hooked on this feeling and start to “untwist” it. Why not look for other shops, and maybe open your own? Do not reread previously read books. Do not revise the movies that you saw. Dive into this comfortable world – certainly nice, because you know the script in advance and remember what is behind it. Of course, you can get pleasure from trifles that you did not mark for yourself the first time, after reading a book for the evening (or spending the weekend after the show). However, in this case, you are depriving yourself of the opportunity to benefit from new books and films. You do not give yourself to discover something new and prevent your brain from creating new alternatives to neural connections.
2) Find the newest routes. Try to find other ways to get to the house and back, to find other shopping centers, cinemas, and other infrastructure places. Perhaps the route will take longer, but it can give you more amenities – discounts, bonuses and a new range of goods in shopping centers or a less crowded cinema hall.
3) Find fresh music. In case you are a fan of different directions in music, you know that there are thousands of different compositions. At first glance, it may seem that your list of songs is very diverse, but in general, in your playlist, there are 50-100 tracks that you know by heart. They are loved by you all for the same reason – you have adapted to them, and your brain does not need to expend energy in order to process and comprehend it.
4) Find new friends and acquaintances. Of course, it’s fine when you and your friends are going out every weekend and talking about their usual topics. It’s psychologically comfortable. But most of us live in big cities, so why narrow our own circle of communication with just a few people, who are most often chosen not by us but by “imposed” by circumstances – school, institute, work?
5) Down with the criticism. “What a terrible design this building has!”, “What an uncomfortable overpass!”, “What discomfort is caused by these new seats!” – these and many other objections from the lips of your colleagues and your own are considered indicators of resistance to the changes that suddenly occurred in your life. Changes that you can not influence in any way. Or you can, however, have to apply too much effort, which is not worth it. In life, there are more exciting things to do than making demands in a restaurant, or ask for a book of complaints and roll an essay on an inexperienced waiter, is it not?
6) Do not hang up “brand” to others. It’s very comfortable – you do not have to understand people and think about what the meaning was in the action of a person. It is always easier to succumb to weakness and put a brand on a person, attaching it to some psychotype. Reading books? A boring nerd! Laughing at the whole street? Redneck!
7) Change the fragrance of your perfume. Smells have a tremendous impact on us. If you have a perfume that you have not changed for several years now – it’s time to choose a new fragrance. Do this periodically. And it is better to have several aromas at once for any mood.
8) Learn foreign languages. To this end, it is not necessary to fall in love with a foreigner, you can find another incentive, it can be a hobby or a professional sphere. Foreign words and associated semantic fields often differ from your native language, and their study is the most effective way of training the plasticity of the brain (especially if you start to study more widely, and not just tourist slang).
Do not forget that the work of the brain is not as simple as it is thought. Sharp sensations from the smell of dishes in the new-fashioned restaurant can awaken in you the desire to overestimate the words and deeds of a loved one. Walking on an unknown road can give the idea of solving the problem. Therefore, the above-mentioned life hacks are preferable to combine.
Perhaps, in old age, when you are offered a newest gadget or smart robot in the store, you will not say: “Oh my God, take away this incomprehensible thing from me!”, And put out your hands, saying: “Cool!” And ask: “Tell me, how it works?”.
Our Group on Facebook Astrology – Educational Resources
Our Group on Google+ Astrology – Educational Resources
Please register for free to get permanent access to all materials of the website.